Saturday, November 23, 2013

FLAMMABLE IS A BIG WORD FOR A LITTLE KID

Janet Reid can't have enough 100-word contests for me. So imagine my surprise when she announced another one!

I love writing contests alot! 
Usual rules:
Write a story with 100 or fewer words. (Every word counts, including the title if you use one; you don't have to).  Post the story in the comments column of this blog post when the contest is open.  The contest opens at 9am Saturday 11/23 and closes at 9am Sunday 11/24. All times are Eastern Shark time.
Use the following words in your story:  lot * heroic * caring * alert * flammable 

My entry:

My teacher is always alert for messes, never caring whose feelings get hurt when she spies one.

I made a heroic effort to clean mine up today and she screamed at me.

"PUT THAT DOWN! IT'S FLAMMABLE!"

I dropped the cleaner and it spilled, and she screamed even louder.

She called the janitor who called the principal who called the firemen!

Afterwards, she looked at me and said, "You sit here and think about what you have done."

I hear that a lot.

So I sat there wondering what flammable meant.

You'd think kindergarten would be easy. You'd be wrong.

UPDATE: It's a good thing I love writing stories for these contest because I haven't won -- yet.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment