Saturday, October 26, 2013

THE DREAD OF A LABEL FAR WORSE THAN 'DEAD'

Janet Reid's SCARIEST WRITER WRITING CONTEST
It's the usual 100-word limit, but I used only 76!

To sleep, perchance...
'Tis all I ask
as I toil endlessly for my master.
Once deemed beautiful,
alas, no more.
My fingers now blistered,
my back contorted,
my mind frazzled and drained.
Await my prince in shining armor?
HA! 'Tis but a faded dream from another time.
I relinquished it all
to labor and sweat in this loveless life,
at a craft with no guarantees,
else the dread of a label far worse than 'dead':
'Unpublished.'

10/26/13, 10:07 AM

...

UPDATE: And the winner is...not I. But once again I got a shout-out: "Special recognition for the horror of writing!"  I'm always glad to get some recognition. It means Janet Reid likes something about my writing.


...

No comments:

Post a Comment