Saturday, January 31, 2015

THE MAYOR'S LAST PICTURE SHOW

Janet Reid said it's time for a Flash Fiction Contest This Weekend! 

To celebrate the imminent publication of
Loretta Ross's debut novel DEATH AND THE REDHEADED WOMAN,
it's time for a flash fiction contest! Winner receives a copy of the book! Trust me, you WANT this book. I loved Loretta's voice the minute I read her query and I could not be happier that you all will now get to enjoy her work too.

The usual rules apply:
1. Write a story using 100 words or fewer.
2. Use these words in the story:   death   red   show   me   state

Contest opens: Saturday 1/31/15 at 10am  Contest closes: Sunday 2/1/15 at 10am

My entry:

 Mayor Tony "Big T" Turturro was not a big man. He seemed even smaller in death with his pants around his ankles.

"What can y'tell me, Boone?"

"Well, Sheriff, the last show's credits was rollin' when I heard screamin' from the mezzanine. A coupla zit faces was up there neckin' and saw Big T when the lights come up."

"Heart," said Doc.

The Gazette had the headline MAYOR'S LAST PICTURE SHOW, but Boone had the story.

"I seen him myself, and he sure didn't die in no state of grace. Damned if I could see why he's called Big T."




...

No comments:

Post a Comment